Guardian Therapeutic Center is a community based psychiatric rehabilitation program that provides services for children, adolescents and adults with mental health disorders in Baltimore city and the metropolitan area.
Psychiatric Rehabilitation Program or “PRP” provides behavioral, social, and recreational support in a group and individual settings. Practical life skills are offered in real life community environments. Opportunities are provided to learn independent living skills, interpersonal and social skills, behavioral self-management, and community adaptation.
- To conduct comprehensive Rehabilitation assessment and provide ongoing evaluation to identify strengths, skills, and needs.
- Facilitate development of self-care, age appropriate living and social skills.
- Promote use of community resources.
- Medication education and monitoring.
- Health promotion and training.
- Crisis planning and support services
- Assist access to entitlements
- Networking with other involved agencies.